FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 21, 2024, 09:02:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: RARE ORIGINAL CONDITION FC Special Wagon 1959, good running order  (Read 5879 times)
FC_wags

View Profile
« on: October 03, 2012, 08:23:05 PM »

My VERY ORIGINAL FC Special wagon is up for grabs. Unfortunately I don’t have a money tree and need $’s to fund a truck rebuild.
She is a mechanically restored barn find (stored over 10 years) in west Qld.

This is one of the most original FC Wagons out there, she has not been modified at all. A lot of people claim to have original FC’S but are running red motors or different front ends/brakes, but not this old girl....ALL STOCK, with all badges/chrome etc. She even has a front sun visor (off car in pics but in good cond, just needs new bolts) and rear dust shields.

NO RUST!! There is only a tiny bit up under the radiator (easy fix) but rest of car is VERY solid and not full of bog and filler etc (one little dent has some fibreglass over it but cant find any more). All doors are solid and rust free and all the usual rusty areas are clean on this car. Under car is solid, all floors good, no rust bubbles ANYWHERE on car including underside of doors (see pics).

The trim and paint codes on tag match the car, and she is still running an old Holden grey engine which is in good running order. Even has original oil bath air filter in working order.

Interior is VGC for age, front seat recovered but one tiny section of stitching undid recently, back is good but faded, carpet is brand new (floors rust-proof painted before install) and door trims A-1, hoodliner is almost perfect except small rip at far rear of boot area.

3 speed column shift manual.

Since I got her I have been restoring mechanically;
All new re-cored radiator (with original end tanks to keep original looking), new water pump, hoses, cap, fluids, plugs, ignition leads, oil, etc.
Cleaned fuel tank/lines, and carby kit done.

NEW clutch master and slave cylinders (changes gears very smoothly).

NEW brake master cylinder and all new wheel cylinders and brake hoses (she pulls up REALLY well for old girl with stock brakes).

She is running very well and starts easily even when cold. No smoke or weird noise other than the normal GREY engine noise. Had a new manifold gasket and exhaust flange gasket kit done too.

Only downside to her is the paint. She was in an open fronted shed and front faded. I had her cut/polished but would look better with a paint job. She is very straight with good chrome (not perfect but very presentable) and the front bumpers I have are both bent (1 is actually passable but both are slightly damaged on drivers third) however I have another one on way in a few weeks so then she will be complete.

Has a tiny dent (easy fix) near front headlight, otherwise almost perfect straight unmolestered vehicle.
Only thing not working is headlights/dash light so I am working on them now, however suspect faulty swicth etc as the tail lights/indicators work. I am still looking into this as it is the only thing stopping a RWC I think, and handbrake seems to only slow her not stop completely..maybe needs adjusting?.

Oh and the tyres have good tread but have cracking on sidewalls so better to replace ($59- ea, as they are the original skinny 13’s).

I am an honest person and tried to describe car as best I could. Everyone who saw it at mechanics could not believe how solid and rust free she is for an original vehicle that has not been messed with. She is no show car (remember she is 53 years old) but she is a classic in good standard driveable condition and could be driven as is or she is the perfect base for a nut/bolt resto if you like.

Overall she just needs more time put into cleaning as the ‘rusty’ look in engine bay virtually wipes away with soapy water/steel wool.
I have only driven her for about 30 mins total since the mechanical refurbishment as she is unreg and too be totally honest I am way more excited by my other project and the FC just doesn’t give me the same thrill! She drives well for an old girl with no noises, smooth gears etc and that old floaty steering feel.

I think she is better off with a collector who really is into FC’s or Holdens.

I can be contacted for inspections and she can be driven a little as on acerage, but she will need to be towed upon sale.
I may trade for another old school car if it excites me but prefer a sale as need $ for truck rebuild.

I have heaps of pics and videos on my other thread in the resto forum section.

I am in DALBY QLD 4405 and asking for offers around $14,000- OBO/neg

PM or ph 0439998219 jas

NES304
Guru

Model: FC

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2012, 11:20:17 PM »

Shame you have to give it up already

FC_wags

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2012, 12:41:39 PM »

Yeah it was always a possibilty and it really came down to the fact i didnt get really excited driving her to be brutally honest, just didnt ckick with me personally. Plus i need $ for the truck which really excites me lol

Price is very negotiable too, make a reasonable offer
FC_wags

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2012, 08:16:13 PM »

PRICE DROP, FOR MEMBERS HERE, I am dropping price for quick sale; list price is $12,000 OR BEST OFFER

It will eventually go on other sites, but thought an enthusiast on here would like first choice....price is NEG, inspections welcomed.

FC_wags

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2012, 01:15:30 PM »

On ebay now
Or $10k.  Ono
NES304
Guru

Model: FC

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2012, 06:52:19 PM »

Hey mate give these guys a call. I ran into the female owner and they have one identical to yours and may be interested.
Cheers

http://www.ntleclassicholdenwedcars.com.au/

FC_wags

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2012, 02:35:19 PM »

Getting some interest but all seems to be interstate guys LOL

Price is NEG make an offer. Going to list soon with a buy it now price on ebay.......$7500- ONO
FC_wags

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2012, 08:41:31 PM »

SOLD SOLD SOLD
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: